VENUE:VKV PLAY GROUND
CHIEF GUEST:Dr.S.JEYA KUMARI, Asst.Professor, Dept.ofTamil,Vivekananda College
of Arts &Science,Agasteeswaram.
PRESIDED BY: Mann.BHANUDASJI,General Secretary, VRM & VK.
MASTER OF CEREMONY: T.N. RITHU-IX C
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS: 1350
· Independence day was initiated by paying tribute to our mother India.
· Mann.Bhanudasji, General Secretary of VRM & VK hoisted our National Flag followed by national anthem and pledge.
· PriyaDharshan of XI Std gave a hearty welcome to the gathering.
The talents of our students were displayed by mass drill.
· Later, students of IX Std presented a patriotic song and Hahina of class X delivered a speech on Independence day.
· Our honourable Chief Guest Smt.Dr.JeyaKumari addressed the gathering.
*Emphasized India’s rich culture and the significance of unity in diversity.
*Indians alone say mother Bharath as holy mother land and call rivers as
*Highlighted the contributions of iconic figures like Bhagat Singh, Mahatma Gandhi,
Sarojini Naidu, Shenbagaraman Pillai,Bahadur Shah, and kuyili who struggled for freedom.
*India overtakes UK as the world’s fifth largest economy.
*Swami Vivekananda’s quote “Give me hundred energetic young men and I shall transform India”,
· Then the cultural part resumed again with a patriotic song in mother tongue by class VIII students&
an admirable speech on Independence day in our national language by Swetha of class VIII.
· The presidential address was delivered by Mann.Bhanudasji.
*Stated pray god for the strength of mind and energy and to attain spiritual knowledge.
*Indicated about National flag, in which chakra reminds us the moral values enjoined by emperor
Ashoka. In Bhagavad Gita,chakra represents dharma as “Evampravartitamchakram”.
*Encouraged the audience to meditate to make our mind calm and to attain true spiritual knowledge.
*Truth alone must be spoken. Adviced to study and train ourselves for service.
· Restarted the culturals with Tamil drama about captain VikramBatra, an officer in the
Indian Army known for his heroic actions during kargil war in 1999,enacted by our students.
Followed by a dance and pinnalkolattam by class VI – VIII students.
Academic toppers of 2022-23 were honoured by our guests and Kum.EsaiReshma read over the toppers name.
· Mann. Bhanudasji, presented a memento to our chief Guest.
· Siva Dharshini of class VIII expressed her gratitude to the gathering.
· The celebration wound up with Kendra prarthana and sweets were distributed.